Monday 10 January 2011

2010 in pictures

Some significant years in my life:

1976, 1989, 1994, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2008...

And now 2010:  It started somewhere over the mid-Atlantic, and ended with an Upstairs Downstairs marathon and a Thai meal.  I started as a Londoner, an employee, a mum of three and ended as a rural-dweller, a Scot (by adoption anyway), a consultant, and with the weeks until I have four ticking away a lot quicker than I expected.  

We passed through a third birthday, two second birthdays, Tunisia, Spain, the North of England (several times) and a great deal of weather.  We said a lot of sad goodbyes, and just as many happy hellos (and hello agains).

And here we are, ten days in, 2011 definitely underway, and I'm looking back at the year that was.  In pictures.  Sian at Mummytips has set up a competition, which I absolutely want to win (the prize is a ticket to CyberMummy, and the predicted arrival of number 4 some three weeks earlier means I'm reluctant to go out and spend the money now, but am nonetheless twitching in case it does all work out, I can go, and then then there aren't any tickets left. (I was sceptical last year, couldn't go anyway, and then saw how much fun everyone else had....)).

So here goes.  This was 2010.
















Here's to 2011...... 

5 comments:

  1. I feel full up looking at the scan - hope all goes to plan for you all xx You will have such fun with a son, as I saw in your previous post! Rugby, football, cricket, smelly socks, drinking, girls, and lots of cuddles and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post. Thank you for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Plan B. Good to hear all going well. I've just read The Hand That First Held Mine by Maggie O'Farrell and in the back of my mind I thought I remembered reading that you had read it...? Apologies if not, maybe it was another of hers. Anyway. It's great. I cried. Recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all - and especially to Sian for setting up, even though I didn't win!

    Motherhood and Anarchy - sorry for delayed reply. No I haven't read it, but I want to. I've read the Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox and After you've gone, both of which had me in howling bits. Definitely not one for the tube...

    ReplyDelete

I know. I'm sorry. I hate these word recognition, are you a robot, guff things too, but having just got rid of a large number of ungrammatical and poorly spelt adverts for all sorts of things I don't want, and especially don't want on my blog, I'm hoping that this will mean that only lovely people, of the actually a person variety, will comment.

So please do. Comments are great...