Wednesday 17 November 2010

The Gallery - Before and After

As with so much else, I've been pretty rubbish at the Gallery recently.   But then Tara said that this week's was particularly difficult, and I've never been a girl to shy away from a challenge.

I did cheat a bit though.  Tara also said she was rather hoping that some of us might actually go out and take some new pictures this week, rather than using ones we've already got sitting in our computers, or on our dressing tables.  I though, have ignored her, and have gone for the latter option.  Even worse, these are photos of photos, but I don't have the negatives of either, and I always feel it's not quite acceptable to interrupt B while he's working "because I want to scan this picture so I can put it on my blog".

In my defence though, at least these are topical:



July 1981.  My sister and I playing Lady Diana (and bridesmaid).  No prizes for guessing who I got to be.  And yes, that is my mum's wedding dress.


11 June 2005, not quite twenty-four years later.  We weren't pretending this time. I've never been so scared.  Or so happy.

I wonder if I'll be brave (and loving) enough to get my dress out of its tissue paper next summer...

16 comments:

  1. You must!!!! Get your dress out that is. and Tara can do another Before and After :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, your girls would love to play dressy-ups for the Royal Wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must - I remember dressing up in my mothers dress and I kept mine, but had boys! I watched the wedding on big screens in Torquay on holiday and there was an amazing fireworks display

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely wrecked my mum's wedding dress. I'm so ancient I was pretending to be Princes Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, very topical! My dress is hanging in a cupboard back in England......I will have to give it to my niece to play dress up one day, as I feel sure the boys will have no interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pah. I love a cheat, as long as it's a good cheat! Excellent stuff - such great photos for the prompt x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos. I have my wedding dress in the loft and never know what to do with it!

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pair of photos. Lovely to see how you and your sister have grown up, but stayed sisters - if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fab, your expressions say so much - the delight of playing dress up and the excited nerves of a wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a lovely contrast, def makes me want to let my daughter play with my dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sister and I would always dress up as the girls from Abba and I never got to be the blonde one! Think of all the little girls now wanting to be just like Kate Middleton. That's such a sweet picture of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic photos! Such a great before and after!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I just stumbled across your blog and your "ugly" post (which I thought was gorgeous). Come over and see me in Doha sometime at 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle. Kirsty (Shamozal)

    P.S. I've just become your latest follower

    ReplyDelete

I know. I'm sorry. I hate these word recognition, are you a robot, guff things too, but having just got rid of a large number of ungrammatical and poorly spelt adverts for all sorts of things I don't want, and especially don't want on my blog, I'm hoping that this will mean that only lovely people, of the actually a person variety, will comment.

So please do. Comments are great...